In this episode of The Quit Binge Eating Podcast, Alen talks about how to keep from stress eating during times of crisis and how to not let yourself binge eat. A very personal and revealing show and hopefully one that can help you with a crisis if you have to go through one.
Introduction & Update
- Thank you for all the amazing 5 star ratings and iTunes reviews for the podcast. Thank you 19M19ML, wanderlust108, inside out weight loss, dr kiz wiz, jadepumper, adrian A, and canjdog. Best Christmas presents ever!
Stress Eating and Keeping Cool in a Crisis
Alen describes his challenges over the last three months and the 5 major attitude changes he had to undergo to get through it all.
- First, enjoy the moment whenever you can and stop worrying about the past or future. What’s going to happen is going to happen so just plan to deal with it then. Stop stressing about what happened in the past.
- Second, control only what you can control. Also deciding to not do something is just as good as doing something.
- Third, give some focus to those around you and helping them whenever you can. It takes you out of feeling like a victim and will give you strength.
- Fourth, practice self-care always. Eat right, exercise and sleep. You ignore any of those you’re going to sabotage everything else.
- Fifth and finally, always think progress, not perfection. It applies to everything in your life, not just to how you eat or do things.
We Want Your Feedback!
- Quit Binge Eating Feedback – We want your feedback, stories, notes, wishes and requests.
- Open in iTunes | iTunes Podcast Page – Please rate us and give us a short review!
- Direct Podcast Feed
- Sign up for our Newsletter. Form is there on the right side of the page or click here!
Legal and Disclaimers
- The Quit Binge Eating Podcast is produced and recorded by Alen Standish. All rights are reserved. If you want to use part of this show elsewhere then please submit your request at QuitBingeEating.com/feedback.
- The host of the Quit Binge Eating podcast is not a doctor or a trained eating disorder specialist and can’t offer personal counseling or medical advice. The opinions and advice of this podcast, website, newsletter or anything or anyone else heard here are based on personal experiences and are not intended to replace the services of trained health professionals.
- Music was provided by Broke for Free at brokeforfree.com. Tracks include Blown Out from their Leaf album and Something Elated from their Something album.