Open in iTunes (make sure you subscribe!)
- Planning a live July 30th video broadcast with Andrew Walen again talking about recovery, but this time we’re planning to talk with folks who are well into their own Binge Eating Disorder recoveries. Make sure you sign up for the newsletter to get more details!
- If interested in being a guest on the live show, pls contact me!!!
Defining Binge Eating Recovery with Andrew Walen
Andrew and I talk about what Binge Eating Disorder Recovery is and the 10 phases of recovery. We base our conversation directly from the book [amazon_link id=”0393706958″ target=”_blank” container=”” container_class=”” ]8 Keys to Recovery from an Eating Disorder: Effective Strategies from Therapeutic Practice and Personal Experience by Carolyn Costin & Gwen Schubert Grabb.[/amazon_link]
[amazon_link id=”0393706958″ target=”_blank” container=”” container_class=”” ][/amazon_link]
Ten Phases of Eating Disorder Recovery
1. I DON’T THINK I HAVE A PROBLEM.
2. I MIGHT HAVE A PROBLEM BUT IT’S NOT THAT BAD.
3. I HAVE A PROBLEM BUT I DON’T CARE.
4. I WANT TO CHANGE BUT I DON’T KNOW HOW AND I’M SCARED.
5. I TRIED TO CHANGE BUT I COULDN’T.
6. I CAN STOP SOME OF THE BEHAVIORS BUT NOT ALL OF THEM.
7. I CAN STOP THE BEHAVIORS, BUT NOT MY THOUGHTS.
8. I AM OFTEN FREE FROM BEHAVIORS AND THOUGHTS, BUT NOT ALL THE TIME.
9. I AM FREE FROM BEHAVIORS AND THOUGHTS.
10. I AM RECOVERED.
BTW, here is a direct link to my first podcast with Andrew back in December.
We Want Your Feedback!
- Quit Binge Eating Feedback – We want your feedback, stories, notes, wishes and requests.
- Open in iTunes | iTunes Podcast Page – Please rate us and give us a short review!
- Direct Podcast Feed
- Sign up for our Newsletter. Form is there on the right side of the page or click here!
- Help support the podast when you shop at Amazon. Click or bookmark http://QuitBingeEating.com/amazon and that will take you right to the Amazon home page. No cost to you!
Legal and Disclaimers
- The Quit Binge Eating Podcast is produced and recorded by Alen Standish. All rights are reserved. If you want to use part of this show elsewhere then please submit your request at QuitBingeEating.com/feedback.
- The host of the Quit Binge Eating podcast is not a doctor or a trained eating disorder specialist and can’t offer personal counseling or medical advice. The opinions and advice of this podcast, website, newsletter or anything or anyone else heard here are based on personal experiences and are not intended to replace the services of trained health professionals.
- Music was provided by Broke for Free at brokeforfree.com. Tracks include Blown Out from their Leaf album and Something Elated from their Something album.