We learn more about Sam and what he’s come to learn about needing to change our thoughts and assumptions before trying to change our bodies and view of own selves, especially before trying to lose weight. After almost 130 interviews with men and women from around the world, Sam will tell you, it’s all between the ears.
Podcaster Sam Lomeli on Mental Game of Weight Loss, Body Image, Perfectionism and Self Motivation
- Tips of the Scale blog
- Tips of the Scale on iTunes
- Sam’s YouTube Motivation Playlist
Main Topics Discussed Include:
- Sam’s history and how he came to start the podcast
- Confidence and self worth
- Perfectionism and feelings of shame
- Men and body image
- The common threads of success Sam has discovered after all the interviews and people he’s met
- YouTube as a way to get motivated and start the day (SEE LINKS ABOVE)
Legal and Disclaimers
- The Progress Not Perfection is produced and recorded by Alen Standish. All rights are reserved by Standish Media LLC.
- The host of Progress Not Perfection is not a doctor or a trained therapist and can’t offer personal counseling or medical advice. The opinions and advice of this podcast, website, guests, emails, apps, newsletters or anything or anyone else heard here are based on personal experiences and are not intended to replace the services of trained health professionals.
- Music was provided by Broke for Free at brokeforfree.com. Tracks include Blown Out from their Leaf album and Something Elated from their Something album.