We talk about the new book and what prompted Andrew to write it. What it means to “Man Up” in today’s world and how that leads many boys and men to never be happy with themselves and to start forming eating disorders. We talk about perfectionism and shame. We also talk about the many challenges of writing this book.
Andrew is a great person and great friend. This is a book every guy who struggles with an eating disorder should read. It struck very close to home.
Andrew Walen. Man Up To Eating Disorders
- The Body Image Therapy Center Website
- Man Up To Eating Disorders book links:
- Brene Brown videos on YouTube
- Mating In Captivity book by Esther Perel
- Esther Perel on Colbert Report
Updates & Housekeeping
- I’m moving to a biweekly show release schedule. At least through the rest of the summer and fall as I make up for all my past procrastinating.
- Please keep the iTunes reviews and comments coming! It’s helping the show SO MUCH!
Legal and Disclaimers
- The Progress Not Perfection is produced and recorded by Alen Standish. All rights are reserved by Standish Media LLC.
- The host of Progress Not Perfection is not a doctor or a trained therapist and can’t offer personal counseling or medical advice. The opinions and advice of this podcast, website, guests, emails, apps, newsletters or anything or anyone else heard here are based on personal experiences and are not intended to replace the services of trained health professionals.
- Music was provided by Broke for Free at brokeforfree.com. Tracks include Blown Out from their Leaf album and Something Elated from their Something album.